“Arisaig Partners”, “we”, “us” and “our” means Arisaig Partners (Asia) Pte Ltd, Arisaig Partners Research Services (UK) Ltd, Arisaig Partners (India) Private Ltd, Arisaig Partners (Mauritius) Ltd and any other company in the Arisaig group and for the purpose of data protection law, we will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
Arisaig Partners (Asia) Pte Ltd is a company incorporated in Singapore and whose registered office is at 6 Lorong Telok, #02-01 Singapore 049019;
Arisaig Partners Research Services (UK) Ltd is a company incorporated in England whose registered office is at Tricor Suite, 4th Floor, 50 Mark Lane, England, EC3R 7QR;
Arisaig Partners (India) Private Ltd is a company incorporated in India and whose registered office is at ONE BKC’ 510, 5th Floor, C Wing, Plot No. C-66, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai-400051 India; and
Arisaig Partners (Mauritius) Ltd, a company incorporated in Mauritius and whose registered office is at IFS Court, Bank Street Twenty Eight, Cybercity Ebene, 72201 Mauritius.
Arisaig Partners is responsible for ensuring that it uses your personal information in compliance with applicable data protection law. We comply with all applicable data protection law, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“EU GDPR”) together with the version of the EU GDPR which is incorporated into the domestic law of the United Kingdom (“UK GDPR”) (the EU GDPR and the UK GDPR are collectively referred to as the “GDPR”), and Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
This Privacy Notice explains how we use the personal information that we collect or generate in relation to your use of our website (at https://arisaig.com/) as well as our services. If our processing of your personal data or information is subject to Indian law (for example, you are accessing, using or browsing our website in India), you agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice and give your consent for the purpose of Indian law to the collection, storage, dealing, handling, disclosure or transfer of your personal data or information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
1. Personal data that we collect about you
Many of the services offered by us require us to obtain personal information about you in order to perform the services we have been engaged to provide. Users may be unable to access the Arisaig Partners website or services if such personal information is not provided. The part of the website that you are accessing as well as the services you are requesting will determine the kind of personal data we might collect and includes:
- Information that you provide to us. This includes information about you that you provide to us and such information may include (by way of a non-exhaustive list):
- basic personal data (such as first name; family name; position in the company; companyname; company email address; business phone number; business address; city; postcode; country);
- any information that you choose to share on our website or services which may beconsidered personal data; and
- any particularly sensitive personal information or data that you share on our website orin order to use our services (such as financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details, passwords, etc.).
- Information that we collect or generate about you. This includes (by way of non-exhaustive list):
- any information regarding the services purchased and/or used on our website and our interactions with you;
- a file with your contact history to be used for enquiry purposes so that we may ensure that you are satisfied with the services which we have provided to you; and
- activity data relating to your use of our website.
- Information we obtain from other sources. This includes the personal data provided to us by third-party service providers, agencies or other publicly available sources where applicable.
2. Why we need your data
Your personal data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- to provide you with on-going organisational updates, funding information and analysis services in line with the service we offer;
- for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our websites to ensure they are user friendly and to prevent any potential disruptions or cyber attacks;
- to understand your needs and interests;
- for the management and administration of our business;
- in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures; or
- for the administration and maintenance of databases storing personal data.However, when we use your personal data we make sure that the usage complies with law and the law allows us and requires us to use personal data for a variety of reasons. These include:
- we need to do so in order to perform our contractual obligations with our customers and third-party providers;
- we have obtained your consent or are relying on a statutory exemption from the requirement to obtain consent (where applicable) under applicable law;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- the use of your personal data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures; and
- enabling quick and easy access to information on our products and services.We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by employees of Arisaig Partners that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Arisaig Partners will also always adhere to the firm’s Cybersecurity & Information Security Policy (CISP).
3. Disclosure of your information to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates for the purposes described above. We will take steps to ensure that access to personal data is restricted to Arisaig Partners employees who have a legitimate interest in the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We may also share your personal data outside of the Arisaig Partners group for the following purposes:
- if we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third party buyer;
- to third party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services) for the purposes of providing services to us. These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this privacy notice; and
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
4. International transfers of personal data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside jurisdiction of collection of such data. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the jurisdiction who work for our affiliates or for one of our suppliers.
Where we transfer your personal data outside the jurisdiction of its collection, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your personal data will be protected by us in such jurisdiction. This can be done in a number of ways, for instance:
- for the transfer of personal data outside of the UK and/or EEA:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission or the UK Government (as appropriate); or
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission or the UK Government (as appropriate), obliging them to protect your personal data;
- for the transfer of personal data out of India, by taking appropriate measures to ensure that the entity receiving such information in the other country collects, processes or retains the information with the same level of data protection standards that are prescribed under this privacy notice and the data protection laws in India; and
- for the transfer of personal data out of Singapore:
- the recipient is otherwise bound by legally enforceable obligations such as applicable local law, any contract that imposes a standard of protection that is comparable to that under the PDPA, binding corporate rules or any other legally binding instrument; or
- the recipient holds a “specified certification” under the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Cross Border Privacy Rules System or the Asia Pacific Economic
Cooperation Privacy Recognition for Processors System.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your personal data outside the jurisdiction of collection of the data. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your personal data is compliant with applicable data protection law.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside the jurisdiction of collection of the data (including obtaining a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your personal data) by contacting us in accordance with the contact details provided in the link below under the Section “What are your rights?”.
5. How long we keep your data for
How long we hold your personal data for will vary and will be determined by the following cumulative criteria:
- the purpose for which we are using it – Arisaig Partners will need to keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- various legal obligations, such as that under UK tax law, which requires us to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of six years after which time it will be deleted.
6. What we would also like to do with your data
If you have given your consent for marketing then we would like to use your name and email address to keep you updated on market and Arisaig Partners developments. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe by removing your consent at any time via phone or email.
Our site may, from time to time, contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may collect personal data about you when you browse our site via “cookies”, which are small text files placed on visitors’ hard drives that enhance the website experience.
Cookies are a standard feature of many websites and are readable only by the organization hosting the website. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on a visitor’s device, nor can they capture any data that allows the organization hosting the website to identify the visitor as an individual.
8. What are your rights?
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on Arisaig Partners website or by contacting you directly.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights include but are not limited to:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Subject to applicable law, we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to us;
- the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, and the right to request that we restrict, our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to continue processing your personal data and / or to refuse that request;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator (details of which are provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us: and
- to the extent permitted by law, the right to be notified of a data breach.
9. Questions and contacting us
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data or to raise a subject access request, please do so by contacting us using the following contact details depending on where you’re located:
- If you’re located in the UK, please use the following contact details of our UK representative:Address: Arisaig Partners Research Services (UK) Ltd Tricor Suite, 4th Floor
50 Mark Lane
England, EC3R 7QR
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’re located anywhere else, please use the following contact details:Address: Arisaig Partners (Asia) Pte Ltd 6 Lorong Telok #02-01
Email Address: email@example.com
If you wish to raise a concern about Arisaig Partners’ handling of your data you should first contact us at Arisaig Partners using the relevant contact details. If you are unhappy with the response you receive from Arisaig Partners and are located in the UK, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk or contact their helpline on 0303 123 1113. If you are located in the EEA, the relevant supervisory authority name and contact details can be found here.